1) Situation: What is the problem, and what is desired?
2) Objectives: The specific set of actions the need to happen to create the change.
3) Audience: One must figure out who can supply what is needed.
4) Strategy: The over-arching themes and approaches will be used.
5) Tactics: Are the formation of smaller portions of the strategy –how it gets done.
6) Calendar/ timetable: A set of dates and deadline with goals to be reached by them in order to fully implement the campaign efficiently and effectively.
7) Budget: Both a means, and a guide to what strategies and tactics are feasible.
8 ) Evaluation: A set of benchmarks that should be set in place during the campaign planning process, which are to be used after (and sometimes during,) a campaign that is in full swing.